WoodRiver #3 Smoothing Plane
CANADIAN ORDERS ONLY PLEASE
Slightly smaller and lighter than the No 4, this hand plane is well suited for smoothing smaller surfaces, or maneuvering around troublesome grain. Slightly longer than a block plane, the tote makes it more comfortable for extended use.
V3: Like our previous WoodRiver® Bench Hand Planes, our version 3 is based on the reliable Bedrock design and feature heavy, stress-relieved ductile iron castings, fully machined adjustable frogs and high carbon steel blades but we took the opportunity between manufacturing runs to do a critical review and make a few improvements. We’ve changed the shape of the rear tote and increased the diameter of the blade adjustment wheel to make advancing the blade a bit easier. We improved the lateral adjustment lever and added a traditional style bearing for better control of the blade. We’ve made numerous changes to the castings that result in better “feedback” and a solid feel to the user. Working closely with our own manufacturer, we’ve continued to make improvements in machining, finish and functionality which we feel have yielded hand planes that are meant to be used and offer an extraordinary value.
- 2-1/4” W x 9-5/16”L with 1-3/4”W blade
- Modeled after the Bedrocks, Stanley Tool's very best line
- WoodRiver® hand planes feature the same heavy castings (4-1/2 lbs) and fully machined frogs
- Lightly finished Bubinga handles provide comfort and control
- Tools require minimal tune-up prior to use
- Partners perfectly with the longer No. 5
- Commonly known as a smoothing plane